It has been way too long since I've updated everyone on here. This past semester has been so busy for me, but also so much fun. I had an Interior Design class, Family History, Home Decor Sewing, Pattern Making, and a Clothing Construction class. I would advise all of you out there not to try to take on three sewing based classes at the same time... it is a lot of work! Here's a look at what I've been up to.
An about twin size quilt, made up of strips of fabric.
Complete with free motion machine quilting. Which by the way is very fun and very cute, but quite difficult doing it on a huge blanket.
An appliance cover for my Kitchen Aid Mixer, which also is machine quilted.
Super cute little pink curtains for Madison's room.
A nice flowy skirt for myself.
Pajama pants, complete with pockets.
A button up collared shirt... which doesn't fit, so it needs altering now.
Hundreds of patterns and designs made by hand.
And two half scale dresses for my pattern making class. I had to create the patten from our basic patter slopers and sew it up. The first is my midterm design, and the second my final design.
And that doesn't include the Book of Remembrance I created about my life (along with a good 30-40 pages of written information about myself), a design board of a room I created, doing family history work, and sewing portfolios. It was such a crazy semester, but definatly one of my most favorite and memorable.
Alex quit his job at Premier Powder Coating in October, so he was able to stay home with Madison and keep her busy for me while I did my homework. It was nice for both of them to get to spend more time together.
Madison has been growing like crazy. She can now say mom and dada, picked up sucking her thumb again, learned to crawl, sleeps on her tummy, pulls her self up, and got her first tooth. She loves to be right in the middle of everything and is always following me around the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment